Hints & Tips
Did you know that we continuously stream hints & tips about using MS Teams?
Our helpful Hints & Tips cover anything from discovering the latest meeting or webinar feature to chat groups, how to embed quick polls or plan boards and even etiquette or best practice matters. With ‘How-To’ guidance and sign posting to useful features they support users to get the most out of Teams.
You can follow our twitter feed here: @UoE_ISApps #TeamsTips
Watch out for these hints & tips coming soon….
• Spotlight on the presenter in your meetings
• Present like a pro, present like a news reader with presenter overlay
• Include a meeting ID in your Teams meetings
• Set a timer on breakout rooms and bring participants back to the meeting
• Find best practice about how to host a webinar in Teams
New Features – How to Keep Informed
Did you know we have an extensive listing covering updates to MS Teams?
You can see our “Microsoft Teams Notice Board” for details about updates, including a timeline at www.ed.ac.uk/teams
These updates are aligned with Microsoft’s roadmap for Teams and are a useful source of information about when we should expect to see new features or how they will be released to Teams here at the University.
Coming Soon – a preview of updates users can expect to see shortly
- Webinar 1000 plus attendee registration coming in May 2021
Allowing presenter modes, audience Q&A and broadcast to 10,000 listeners
More details: https://edin.ac/3bdZvhc
- New Breakout Room Features
Persistent breakout rooms, ability to reassign participants and set timers on breakout sessions.
More details: https://edin.ac/3hiRlrG